Gel manicures are beautiful and long lasting. It is also something that you can easily do from the comfort of home. If you are a beginner, here are a few things you need to know before getting gel manicures:
- Follow proper application of use to get the best results. Read our HOW TO’S
- Gel nail polishes including gel top and gel base coats will only cure by UV & LED nail lamp. So, you need to buy the nail lamp if you are purchasing some gel polishes. Check out our selection of Gel Polish Kit here.
- Highly recommend putting sunblock on 30 minutes before using – just as it is recommend before going out in the sun. Wearing a pair of fingerless gloves is another option.
- Do not use if you have extremely short nails or if your nails are in poor condition (thin, dry or split).
- Discontinue use if sensitivity or irritation occurs.
- It is recommended to give your nails a break of at least 1-2 weeks to let them rehydrate and repair.
- If pregnant, please exercise caution and consult your Health Practitioner before using gel products.
- Avoid touching your skin with the gel polish – if you do, wipe off immediately before curing under the nail lamp.
- Keep away from pets and children.
- Store gel polish bottles away from sunshine and heat.
- Keep tightly sealed after use and always store upright to avoid leak or drying out.
- Ideal place to store all your gel polish supplies would be in a drawer or closet.
- Do not spill any liquid on the Gel Nail Lamp.
- Unplug the nail lamp or turn off at the wall when not in use.
- Don’t look directly at the LEDs.
- Clean Gel Nail Lamp with a damp cloth only.
- Only use Gel Nail Lamp using the pre-set times button.
Keeping all these things in mind will ensure that you always have a good experience doing your own gel manicure at home!